What is Saxo Bank's OpenAPI?
The OpenAPI is the backbone of trading platforms such as our own SaxoTraderGO. It offers:
- Access to all resources and functionality required to build a high-performance multi-asset trading platform.
- Better integration with Saxo Bank for partners and affiliates through a growing set of resources, such as our On-boarding API.
How do various clients utilize OpenAPI functionality?
- Saxo Bank Platinum, and VIP clients:
- Build your own portfolio analysis tool, or export your balances and positions into your preferred tool (Excel, R, etc).
- Develop a native application to keep up-to-date with market rates* and your account performance.
- Develop a targeted trader with an optimized UI for your particular trading style and instrument universe.
- Saxo Bank Introducing Brokers and White Label Clients:
- Integrate position/order/balance data from Saxo into your own client portal.
- Build trading functionality into your existing client portal/website.
- Use the IB On-boarding API to simplify the on-boarding of new clients.
- Developers of high-end trading and chart analysis platforms:
- Enable your platform for Saxo's substantial client-base.
- Get client portfolio information and tailor your analysis to the client's product interests and situation.
- Offer trading on client accounts via your software.
* Market data restrictions apply.
A good place to start
See the below resources for more information, interactive tools, and other learning material offered by the OpenAPI team.