Q: Is there an API that returns margin requirements of all CFDs on stocks? Just like the content of page -https://www.home.saxo/rates-and-conditions/cfds/margin-requirements
No we don't have any API directly supports the same. But yes this page is always updated with the latest information.
Q: Can a top level user check if the underlying account is activated and funded before actually the underlying client login ?
Yes that's possible, below is the sequence to follow in order to retrieve this information:
- Login to the OpenAPI with the Top Level User. Retrieve its token.
- Utilize the following call to retrieve all clients that under your Owner:
Any client that is received from this call means that is has been approved by the onboarding process.
It does not mean yet that the client has funded or that he has funded above the minimum amount
- From the previous call retrieve the client Key, and call the below in order to retrieve Account Balance Information
- From the previous call please analyze the parameter totalValue:
- If totalValue > 0 then is mean that the client has funded, it does not mean that the client has funded above the minimum amount
- Considerations on minimum funding (say it is set at 2000 USD):
- Looking at totalValue and validating that it is >0 but < 2000 USD does not necessarily mean that the client did not fund the necessary amount. It depends on when you run the query. For example if the client funded 2000 USD, placed some trades where he made a loss of 500 USD and only after this will you run your query, then total amount will show a totalValue of 1500USD, however he did initially fund above the minimum requested.
- So at Saxo we take care of the minimum funding feature, if the client does not fund the necessary amount his user is active, but he is not allow to enter the platform to trade. So he is not allow to login. He will receive an email from Saxo explaining that he will need to fund more. Once that has been done, he will be allowed to login.
Q: Is there any way to let the user change his password by means of the OpenAPI?
No, we don’t support Password change through OpenAPI